Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Apologies if your inboxes get jammed with my posts!
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Friday, March 9, 2012
- · Invisible Children only gives 32% of its donations to the direct services to help those it claims to serve.
- · Charity Navigator rates them 2 or of 4 stars because they haven’t had their finances externally audited.
- · People are upset because the Kony video advocates military intervention to bring Kony to justice risking that many of the children they are trying to help could be injured or killed in the process.
- · They spent 1.7 million on salaries and 1 million dollars on travel in 1 year. (FYI from what I can see they have over 100 people on their staff.)
- · What about all the people who need help here in America?
Saturday, January 21, 2012
View from the top of Doi Suthep.
Friday, January 13, 2012
The Lord their God is with them; the shout of the King is among them. NumbersNow this verse is speaking of God being like the king of the Israelites as He leads them into battle. His shout is intended to rally them to accomplish His purposes. But this verse struck me because if God was there shouting to the Israelites, how much more so now among His people bought by Jesus.
The shout of the king is among us! I hear it so clearly here. Pastor Rad was talking about how its easy to hear His voice here because we're living on faith. We've stepped out and are doing things that are outside our comfort zone. Most importantly we're serving those who are close to God's heart and when you do that God ALWAYS shows up.
So my question to you today is, do you hear the shout of the King? If you don't, something is very wrong. If you want to hear it, I have an easy solution. Step out in faith and do
something crazy for God. It doesn't have to involve traveling around the world. Find someone in need and meet that need on God's behalf. As you set aside the things that distract you from Him and focus on the things close to His heart, the shout of the King will grow louder and louder.
Spent the day at the GROW home today. Games, food, painted a mural, moved a couple tons of sand to the play area one bucket at a time! Then all the kids came to the hotel for a swimming party. Tonight we took the kids to the equivelant of a super Walmart in Chiang Mai. We had money to spend on each one of them. The kids had never been to the mall. Ever. Of course we immediately took the kids to the toy aisle thinking that was where all the money would be spent. But the kids were uninterested. They wanted clothes. So they were taken to the clothing section. All the kids bought clothes. They were very concered that they were going to overspend, they wanted to make sure that there was money left to save. needless to say I was a bit dumbfounded.
Can I just say...the food here ROCKS! Oh my gosh, its so stinkin' good! Ate at Fa's house last two meals. If I eat another I might not come home, I'm just sayin'.
Balloon races at the state run orphan home. The home is in the background.