Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here We Go!

OK so the time has finally come. After months of waiting, planning, worrying, and praying, we leave for Cambodia tonight. We haven’t even left yet and I’m already in awe of the way God has worked everything out. Way back in June when we first decided to go on this mission trip I had a laundry list of concerns. I had no idea where the 6000 dollars to fund the trip was going to come from. I didn’t know what we were going to do with our kids. I didn’t know how I would get this much time off from my new job. Those are just the big ones, there were a hundred more. Of course I believed God could work these details out, but I’m not sure I believed that He would. The cool thing is that not only did God take care of every one of my major concerns. He took care of all the little ones too, right down to the last detail.

I still have a few fears but to be honest I really have great peace about this now. After watching God do so much in so little time how can I do anything but sit back and just allow Him to work this out.

Thanks to everyone who helped, and there are a lot of you. From watching our kids, to financial support, to encouragement, to prayer, and logistic support, loaning of suitcases, and computers and so many other things too numerous to mention, I just can’t say thanks enough.

My goal is to use this blog to chronicle the journey. If you’re interested feel free to check in and follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment