Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Road to Battambang

We've left Phnom Penh and are traveling across Cambodia in a small
bus. The city slowly melts away giving way to the Cambodian
countryside. As I watch mile after endless mile go by I am overwhelmed, I
am swept under. I am sinking. Others are talking, laughing,
loving. I am staring. I don't want to miss one second of
this. Every shack, plied with wood and corrugated steel. Every face
along the well worn road. I want to remember all of them. I
can't. They will be gone soon. Replaced with a thousand more.
Abject poverty everywhere. Naked children playing by the side of the
road. Teens fishing with nets in a drainage ditch. A mostly naked
elderly man sitting on a concrete block picking pebbles out of a crack in the
rock.

Then the tears come.


I feel stupid. I have nothing for them. I am nothing for them. But I bring someone to them. I am praying over the land as it passes my window; my praying becomes quiet singing.




You are stronger.



I am so tired.



You are stronger



Buddhist temples and mosques everywhere. Not one church anywhere.



Sin is broken




What will I say to them, I can't speak one word of their language?




You have saved me.




God I need some help here because this is allot. Its allot for my little
world at least.






It is written Christ is risen, Jesus you are Lord of all.




And then...






Ry Vith got her hug today!


FOOD FIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. Teary-eyed and speechless, Ed. Praising God for you and for Diane and the whole team that is there and for those beautiful smiling kids and these beautiful words and for your heart that doesn't want to miss a thing. And for that hug that Ry Vith got today. Such beautiful worship you give him, my friend. Truly. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete