Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Seam Reap

We made the three hour drive from Battambang to Seam Reap this morning and visited Angkor Wat which is a massive Hindu complex built in the 9th century covering 140 square miles and is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. It is also the site where tombraider was filmed.




This evening we had dinner with some people from the White Dove ministry. This ministry helps women entrapped in prostitution get out by teaching them skills so they can find other work and teaching them about Christ. It's just a husband and his wife but they are doing great things for God. It was very moving to hear their story.

Went downstairs in the hotel this morning to write this. I found the hotel staff assleep in the lobby of the hotel. I've been temped to complain about our accomodations. I would never accept them in the states. But I'm constantly reminded that there is a different reality here. My petty gripes are really pretty small compared to these people's daily reality.
Wanted to post more pictures but the internet connection is too poor and it wont allow me. Hopefully more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment